Wow, time flies when you’re having fun…summer has passed by in a whirlwind and now it’s already September. Even though summer is over, the good thing about September is that it is officially the start of pumpkin spice lattes, winter outfits, holidays, and fall foods. In other words, it is the beginning of fall season!!!! Here are some of our favorites that showcase why we’re so excited for this fall season.
First, of course we are pumped to now be able to have one of the signature flavors that is only available during the fall: pumpkin spice! Nothing gets you quicker into the holiday spirit than sipping on Pumpkin Spice Latte which tastes like Christmas in a cup. Whether you get it from Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, or even make it fresh at home you can’t go wrong with this flavorful drink. And if, like us, you’re still stuck in summer like weather then opt for the iced version which happens to be just as delicious!
Another amazing treat that you can only get during the fall season is a pumpkin spice cupcake. We found this amazing recipe that is all but mistake proof. Tested and tried these cupcakes will be the perfect sweet treat to get you in the holiday spirit.
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
Serves: 24 cupcakes and 2 cups frosting
For the cupcakes:
- 1 (16.25-ounce) spice cake mix
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Prepared cream cheese frosting or use the frosting recipe below
- ¼ cup toasted pecans for topping (optional)
For the frosting:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered confectioners sugar
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcake liners in 24 muffin cups (or grease muffin cups).
- Blend cake mix, pumpkin puree, eggs, water and oil in a large bowl at low speed until moistened. Increase speed to medium and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into muffin cups evenly (about ¾ full).
- Bake for 19-22 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted is removed clean.
- Cool on wire rack for at least 10 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting:
- In a large bowl using electric mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla together until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until incorporated well. Increase speed to high and beat until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes and top with toasted pecans, if desired.
Not only does fall bring you amazing drinks and sweets, it also finally allows you to switch out your tanks and shorts for comfy jeans and sweaters. I don’t know if it’s just me but sweaters and jeggings are my favorite combination because with the right sweater, your outfit can be both cute and comfortable which is the most important part. If it’s a little colder in your area, you can always accessorize with scarves, beanies, or gloves and always remember to layer, layer, layer! Layering is super essential to packing in the heat for cold days but when it’s done right, it can also make an outfit look super put together and fashionable. My closet essentials for layering are: flannels, thin hoodies, patterned scarves, and knee high socks. For example, if you want to wear a cute tank top, layer with a flannel and a jacket and you’ll be able to showcase your summer shirt without the cost of being too cold. Also, knee high socks layered over sheer leggings also give a cute and girly look when you want to wear a dress without exposing your legs to windy weather.
Lastly, the start of fall means that we’re getting closer and closer to the Holidays and that’s always something to look forward to. Now that it’s September, the countdown to Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years has begun and we can’t wait to get festive with our family and friends! Comment down below if, like us, you can’t wait to get into this year’s holiday spirit, and don’t forget to share with your friends so they too can get in the mood. 🙂
Wishing you all the best!
The FAB Team,
Edith & Itzel